Using per head software, anyone who wants to can create a functioning online sportsbook. But if you’re going to make as much money as you can from your sportsbook company, you must sign up for software that offers real online gambling prime platforms and a way to pay and collect from your customers.
Last year, few industries flourished as much as online sports betting. Although the shutdowns affected revenue from March to July, pent-up demand more than made up for the loss. August 2020 broke a sports betting revenue record.
Once the NHL and NBA restarted their seasons and MLB began their 2020 season, sports handicappers returned to making bets through mobile devices and their desktop computers. Big online gambling websites flourished.
But large sportsbooks weren’t the only ones that benefited. If anything, the 2020 sports shutdowns pushed the Age of PPH Sportsbooks forward by at least a year.
Per head bookmakers, those who offer free betting software have become more and more popular as states like New Jersey have allowed online betting. The more mainstream betting on sports becomes, the easier it is for individual sportsbook operators to step out of the shadows.
Also, players call bookie agents to place wagers on more than sports. 2020’s lockdowns and sports league delays encouraged people to make bets on casino, live dealer casino, and racebook platforms.
The Age of the Per Head agent is here. Like with everything run on software, though, not all sportsbook software is the same.
Most can’t make payments or collect from their players online, which defeats the purpose of social distancing. If you’re interested in discovering more about the best sportsbook software, the software that makes you more money, keep reading.
A 2021 definition of the word “bookie”
Have you ever asked yourself, “What is a bookie?” Forget what you’ve seen in Hollywood movies and on television.
The word “bookie” means a person or entity that provides wagering services. The person at your favorite Vegas sportsbook who takes your money and hands you a ticket is a bookie.
There are three forms of bookmaking, physical establishments, online sportsbooks, and pay per head agents. Check out more info on each.
- Physical establishments – Sportsbooks and casinos in buildings, like the Caesar’s Palace Sportsbook in Las Vegas, are physical establishment bookmakers.
- Online sportsbooks – Online casinos and online sportsbooks exist under the same entity. Different digital platforms, a casino platform, a horse racing platform, and a sportsbook, are under one company banner.
- Pay per head agent sportsbook – Agents run their sportsbooks like much larger online sportsbooks. The difference is that the agent uses software from a providing company. Also, individual bookie agents are more flexible than larger sportsbook organizations.
How do bookies make money? They provide digital betting platforms
Bookies profit by offering digital platforms with real online gambling options. Each digital platform is a different category of wagering.
In the sportsbook industry, there are three types of bets. The first we know well, sportsbook betting. Horse racing betting and casino wagering are the other categories.
Under the umbrella category sportsbook options are three other sports betting categories.
- Sportsbook – The sportsbook offers bets on traditional and non-traditional sports leagues. The NFL, NBA, NCAAF, MLB, NHL, and NCAAB are under this sub-category. Betting types like against the spread (ATS) and moneyline or straight-up (SU) are also under “sportsbook.”
- Props Platform – Out of the ordinary wagers like bets on individual player performance, quarter-lines, and halftime lines are under this sub.
- Standard Live and Prime Live – In-game betting platforms have become popular. Standard Live provides basic live betting options. Prime or premium in-game betting platforms offer game trackers and video feeds.
The horse racing betting platform provides betting options on racetracks throughout North America. Horse racing tracks are designated A, B, and C. Oddsmaking software for bookies provided wagering options on A and B tracks.
- A tracks – The top tracks in the United States include Santa Anita Park, Del Mar Racetrack, Keeneland Racecourse, Oaklawn Park, Fair Grounds Racetrack, Aqueduct Racetrack, Saratoga Racecourse, Belmont Park, and Gulfstream Park.
- B tracks – Lesser-known horse racing venues are tracks like Remington Park in Oklahoma, Turf Paradise in Arizona, and Emerald Downs in Washington state.
If you decide to offer a horse racing platform, your players will wager on A tracks 95% to 100% of the time. It may be a good idea to turn on your bookmaking racing platform exclusively for the big races.
Horse racing is different than sports or casino betting. Bookies can lose a lot of money if they aren’t careful. Unless you know a lot about horse racing, consider only offering these races.
- Triple Crown – Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes
- Breeders’ Cup Races – The Breeders’ Cup Classic is the most popular.
Two categories exist under casino, digital casino betting, and live dealer platforms.
- Digital Casino and Premium Casino – Standard casino platforms provide twenty or so slot machine and table games. Premium casinos offer up-to-date 3D games.
- Live Dealer Casino and Premium Live Dealer – Premium Live Dealer platforms provide more blackjack, roulette, and baccarat tables.
Agents need to add a Premium Casino and Premium Live Dealer. Only with the Premium Casino can white label sportsbook operators provide the same 3D games as larger sites.
Having two live dealer platforms provides flexibility. Agents can ensure dealers and players don’t get too cozy.
PayPerHead Agent Payment Solution is critical
Real online gambling software provides a way for both players and agents to fund their accounts. Our Agent Payment Solution is the only existing system in the industry that allows online payments and collections.
The APS is free to use. When you become an agent with us, you can add Premium Props, Live+, Premium Casino, and Premium Live Dealer platforms. Prime platforms add 15% or more action.
Import players soon. Doing so allows you to take part in the best referral program in the industry. We have daily, multiple promotions and are always running a trial. By using PayPerHead software, you can earn extra cash in addition to running a more efficient and more profitable sportsbook.